Westwinds is a burgeoning new neighborhood in the thriving Town of Morinville. Located just 10 minutes north of St. Albert, Morinville is a family-friendly community known for its amenities and laid-back atmosphere. Like all new developments in this welcoming town, Westwinds was designed with families in mind, striking the perfect balance between peace and quiet and easy accessibility.
1. Choose Your Perfect Lot…
Whether you’ve been dreaming of a walk-out lot that offers scenic pond views or a pie-shaped parcel with plenty of yard space, there’s “A LOT” to choose from in Westwinds. As a public lot community, Westwinds lot prices are significantly more affordable than new home lots in larger communities such as St. Albert or Edmonton. Spend less on the land so you can spend more on your new home!
2. …And Your Perfect Builder
While some developments have a list of pre-determined builders, Westwinds empowers buyers to bring their own. If you don’t already have a builder in mind, but would like to know more about the process, here’s how it works in five simple steps:
- Zero-In on Your Budget – Know how much you can afford before you begin your new home builder search.
- Research Potential Builders – Check online reviews and testimonials.
- Visit Builder Showhomes – See the builder’s work in person to assess quality and design.
- Interview Your Top Three Builders – Ideally, you and your builder should “click.” (See also these 10+ Important Questions to Ask a Builder When Buying a New Home)
- Check Builder References – Ask your top three builders for references. If they hesitate to provide you with any, this is a red flag.
If you’re unsure where to start, Landrex has partnered with several premium new home builders in the Westwinds community. We will be happy to tell you more. We also invite you to check out previous blog post: Finding the Best Home Builders in Edmonton: 5 Things to Look Out For.
3. Diverse Home Styles
Finally: The opportunity to build the home you always wanted at a price you can afford. With Westwinds homes starting at $375,000, buyers can benefit from the latest new home finishes and features for significantly less than the Edmonton average. Here’s just a sampling of the many “extras” homeowners can now incorporate into their new home builds:
- Hardwood flooring
- Natural stone countertops
- Bespoke lighting
- Generous floor plans
Thanks to Westwinds’ affordable land prices. Westwinds also has the best selection of new homes and styles in Morinville, with models ranging from:
- Luxury triple and double garage homes
- Walk-out builds
- Spacious laned homes
- Convenient front-attached models
4. Brand New Walkable Amenities
Young families looking for the ideal all-in-one location to call home need look no further than Westwinds. Residents of this vibrant new neighborhood enjoy having everything they need in their very own (spacious) backyards, including a brand-new elementary school, restaurants, banking institutions and more. An outdoor lover’s delight, Westwinds has been intentionally designed to include a scenic stormwater pond and pathways, a school park and playground site and open green space.
All other essential amenities, such as grocers, medical services and recreational facilities, can be found a short distance away along adjoining 100th Street, including:
- 4 minutes: Morinville Community Library
- 4 minutes: Morinville Community Cultural Center
- 4 minutes: Morinville Farmers’ Market
- 4 minutes: Morinville Medical Clinic
- 4 minutes: Morinville splash park, dog park and skate park
- 4 minutes: Miscellaneous restaurants and boutique shops
- 6 minutes: Morinville Leisure Center
- And more
5. 10-Minutes to St. Albert
If that weren’t enough, Westwinds homeowners can access the many shops, services and entertainment venues of St. Albert via Highway 2. These include Costco, Landmark Cinemas, Walmart and the Sturgeon Community Hospital. Other major St. Albert amenities, including the Sturgeon Valley Golf and Country Club, St. Albert Botanic Park and Servus Credit Union Place, can also be reached in 20 minutes or less.
Are you interested in learning more about new homes in Morinville and the community of Westwinds? We’re here to help! Click the button below, and we’ll be in touch.
Save up to $15,000 if you purchase your lot before August 31st, 2023!